Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Adding some 'seasoning' to the trip...

So far it has been two and a half months of arduous work and a couple of new experiences in this new city; nonetheless, before my usual homesickness episodes, I got a visitor from a little place 18 degrees south of the Ecuator. My best friend, Alexander, came to visit from home. Overall, it was a good weekend, I had a blast.

... the adorable old man dancing to the group's tunes, Plaça de la Catedral

CALÇOTS!!!
As one of our professors, Cecilia, suggested, we went to eat this 'typical' Barcelonian dish at a restaurant in the Gracia village. It is this kind of root vegetable that can only be found in the area during the month of March. They basically bake it and to eat it you have to 'pull the inside out', dip in in the sauce and eat. It was very messy, fun, but above all, delicious... I strongly recommend! As one of my Barcelona compadres, Benjamin Shealy, said, "calçots would be a good first date 'icebreaker'".


... our sign of approval

Barça VS Real Madrid @ Bar La Nubaa


... the other travel secret, the Argentinian bartender

No comments: