Monday, March 5, 2007

VACACIONEEEES!!!!

After two weeks of hard work, we all deserved a break, SPRING BREAK! These ten days couldn't have come at a better time. Right after our jury most went to dinner with our professor... Monica and myself had some other plans in mind... LAUNDRY!!! That was the just the beginning of this wonderful adventure we were to continue later on in the week went she went over to Rome as well... from a VERY rude and arrogant 'polish' girl to a gelato-eating Mr. Bean 'look-alike'.

Friday kind of sucked. After almost missing my flight (THANK GOD I DIDN'T) and finalmente arriving in Rome, I realize that after THREE hours of waiting around the caroussel for my bag, it wasn't comming out. WHO SAID THAT LANGUAGE IS A BARRIER?? CLEEEARLY, for the guy at the Alitalia desk and me it wasn't... he was speaking to me in italian and I was talking back in spanish... we understood each other peeerfectly. Figured that my bag wasn't even on the plane to Italy, it was sitting somewhere in the Barcelona airport just chilling out (FRENCH BAGS!). Getting out of there and finally seeing who was impatiently waiting for moi made it all not matter that much anymore... BERRO... :)

Rome was amazing, Florence was beautiful, and Siena breathtaking!
I met some wonderful people (part of Marco's famiglia, Simoooooone, Fabrizio... and the guy with the 'artisty' wall postings), had the best meals (half cooked by nada mas y nada menos que DUFFY), incredible CAFFE, I GELATO. Whoever said that 'winging' things out didn't work is veeeeeery wrong in my opinion.... clearly it makes up for one of the best times in Italy.

Roma








... with my two Boos


Firenze






Siena



No comments: